Thursday, September 30, 2010

week 1 Report

Day 4 in week 1. 

We have had a busy week.  Week 1's are always busy.  They are filled with new jobs, new responsibilities, and new people.  I think they are overall very fun, but when the week is done---we could use a break.  We will drive in the mountains and see the yellow aspens after church.  YES!

I have been enjoying the Musicians DTS students alot.  I was thinking they would be a bit more drama-ish....being artists and stuff, but it seems they all have a great head on their shoulders.  Today we finished our 5 minute testimonies.  We all come from different backgrounds.  30+ people all in one place...alot of pasts that are filled with divorce, drugs, sex, hate, alcohol, cutting, and rejection.  I see that God has already brought so much healing to each person even before the school starts.  I am even more sure that God is going to be faithful to walk people through deeper healing as the teachers start coming in, and we worship 3 times a week, and pray, and journal, and read great books, and just hear Him speak.  The students will really see a transformation in their lives.  I am excited to be a witness of it all.  This really is the best job ever! 

I have a lot of thinking and planning to do for the Outreach Prep though.  70+ students from both DTS's and a secondary school all need some preliminary training before Christmas.  I have to organize all of that.  Pray for me!!!

Will is enjoying the Phase 2 as well....I think.  I am writing this and guess by the fact that he is chipper on a daily basis and that he did not say otherwise....he likes to be a staff member in the school.  Actually I think he REALLY likes it.  He will have to tell you why in another post. 

This weekend we are bringing some Musician DTS students to the Denver Art Museum.  It costs 30 bucks to see King Tut, but it is free for the other parts.  Seriously....$30!  They are still making money on that guy....just carting his dead mummified skins around like a freak show and charging for it.  What a circus!   But, I wanna see it still....somehow I still wanna see it.  But won't pay $30.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...